2022 Best places to raise a family in Illinois
Are you considering moving to Illinois? Great choice! Wonder about what’s the best place to start this new chapter in your life? Well, it largely depends on what you want. If you choose a city based on your needs, you won’t regret your decision. However, you should choose smartly based on your life preferences. And if you are not yet sure what is the best place for you and your family, don’t worry. Best Long Distance Movers is here to help you decide. We’ve singled out some of the best places to raise a family in Illinois. The choice wasn’t easy, but we’ve managed to narrow it down based on different life requirements. Let this guide help you make the right decision. And of course, we are here to help you decide which company to hire when the relocation time comes. Enjoy the ride!
Factors to help you decide what is the best place for raising a family
Relocation is not a decision you make every day. It’s something you need to consider carefully in order not to make a mistake. Moving is often compared to divorce or the death of a loved one – that’s how difficult relocation can be. So, take your time to think about it. We are here to guide you and help you make the best possible decision. Here are some things to consider before making a final decision:
- A good environment is a reason enough to consider moving with your family so that both you and your children have better work and education opportunities, thus having a better lifestyle. Besides, the natural environment is also essential when moving. Although fresh air nowadays is a luxury, it is something to strive for.
- Affordability: The core of life, right? So, consider a place that is both affordable and pleasant to live in.
- Real estate value: Buying or renting a home is quite an investment, so search for the cities that offer affordable home prices.
- Career and personal life opportunities: The more opportunities you have, the better life you’ll lead.
- Crime rates: Raising your children in a safe neighborhood is a must when searching for the best places to live in Illinois.
- Proximity: Time is priceless. So, find a place that has good proximity to family, friends, work, school, and other (Illinois) cities.
- Commute time: Find a city with a good transportation system and walkability.
- Climate: It is well known that climate affects the quality of our lives, so don’t underestimate this factor.
- Education system: There’s no need to explain the factor much. Simply, your children deserve the best possible education.
- Culture: The quality of life will largely depend on the community. So, choose your neighborhood carefully.
9 Best Places to Raise a Family in Illinois
What’s best for someone doesn’t have to be for others. However, some places are generally great to move to and settle down. Illinois is a state that offers great life and work opportunities, and whichever city you choose, you can be sure that you won’t regret deciding to move. However, if you have second thoughts or you simply cannot decide what city is the best place to raise your family, here are some of our suggestions. We have carefully chosen the following places based on the factors mentioned above. The decision wasn’t easy, but we managed to narrow down the choice. Here’s our list of 10 best places to raise a family in Illinois:
Whichever city you choose, you can always refer to our website to find the best long distance moving companies Illinois to help you manage the move.
Chicago is a synonym for the best places to raise a family in Illinois
When thinking about Illinois, the first city that comes to your mind is Chicago. And it’s now without reason. Chicago is a must-have destination that offers plenty of life opportunities. Many things make this city stand out from others when it comes to raising a family. The reasons for moving to the Windy City are endless, and here are some of the most important ones:
- Affordable real estate prices: Chicago is surprisingly affordable compared to other popular U. S. cities. Although it has a competitive market, you can still find a place that won’t cost you an arm and leg. The median sale price is about $350 000, while the median listing home price is $620 Sq Ft.
- A thriving job market: The most common industries are manufacturing, Information Technology, health services, real estate, etc.
- Top-notch schools: If you want to provide your children with the best education in the state, then Chicago is the best match. Any kind of education is right at your fingers, from public schools to private ones.
- Excellent health system: Healthcare services in Chicago are at the top in the state, especially the ones related to pediatrics.
- Amazing neighborhoods: you can find all types of neighborhoods in Chicago, from high-rise buildings to family-friendly neighborhoods. The mixture of urban and suburban is what makes Chicago different from other Illinois cities.
- Amazing outdoors: Green space is a premium and Chicago has an abundance of it which is perfect for children. So, go out and enjoy Millennium Park, Grant Park, Lincoln Paro Zoo, or spend a day at Burnham Park Beach.
If Chicago is your final choice, hurry up and hire some of the best long distance movers Chicago has to offer.
If you are looking for a nice place for families rather than looking for densely packed cities, then Charleston, IL, may be a perfect fit. The main benefits of living in Charleston are livability, affordability, and a community feel. However, education is not as good as in other Illinois Cities. The Median Home Value is around $110,500, while the Median Rent is about $716. So, if affordability is the main reason for you to move, then Charleston is perfect. Contact us, and we’ll get you matched with some of the best long distance moving companies Charleston has to offer.
Jacksonville is one of the best places to raise a family in Illinois
Jacksonville is a town in Morgan County, Illinois, with a population of 18,784. It is one of the most affordable cities in Illinois and its cost of living is lower than the national average, more precisely, 27% lower. Jacksonville offers its residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. The Median Income is around $40,000 while the Median Home Price goes up to $105,500. Jacksonville offers rich cultural life. One of the best neighborhoods in Jacksonville is Jacksonville East since it offers a great choice of single-family homes. Some of the most prominent places you can enjoy are Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra, the Jacksonville Theatre Guild, and the Eclectic Art Gallery.
So, if you want a quiet place for raising a family in Illinois, Jacksonville is a perfect match. To move here without any stress, rely on our database and choose some of the best long distance movers Jacksonville has.
Are you searching for a high quality of life? Naperville is the right address. And to get to the address, hire some of the best long distance movers Naperville. Now, let’s check why this is the perfect destination to raise a family in Illinois. First and foremost, it offers its residents a plethora of educational, career, and leisure opportunities. When it comes to the job sector, the most prosperous industry in Naperville is IT. However, there are many other job opportunities in the healthcare and education sectors. The public school system in Naperville has received high praise from parents, so if education is the top on your moving reasons list, then Naperville is the right place for raising your children. When it comes to housing, the median home value in Naperville is around $411,000, while the median house rent in the area is $1,500.
Aurora is one of the best places to raise a family in Illinois
If you are searching for the best place in Illinois that offers a wealth of outdoor activities, then Aurora IL is the best match. As its name suggests, it is a city of lights and it’s not without a reason. Namely, Aurora is an ideal place to live and raise a family. Availability of jobs, a family-friendly vibe, an excellent school system, and affordability are the main benefits of moving to Aurora. Sounds like a good place for you? Well, wait no more. Hire some of the long distance movers in Aurora from our database and move to the City of Lights without any stress.
Another great city to settle down with your family is Lincoln, Illinois. Following are some of the main traits that will help you decide whether Lincoln is a good place for you to move.
- Cost of living – less expensive than the U. S. average
- The crime rate is eleven percent lower than the national average
- Median home value – about $86,000 while the monthly rent is above $700
- Proximity to Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, and many other cities. So, if you are moving from Indianapolis, IN to Lincoln, IL choose some of the best long distance moving companies Indianapolis has.
Joliet is on the rise
Sunny weather, family-friendly vibe, excellent life, work and education opportunities, affordability, what else to wish for? Joliet sounds like a perfect match for those searching for the best places to live in Illinois. Moving to Joliet means you are going to live in one of the largest cities in Illinois, 4th to be precise. Following are some of the main reasons for moving to this sunny city:
- The cost of living is lower than the U.S. average.
- Low crime rates
- Family-friendly atmosphere
- Access to top-quality education
- Great air quality
- Business-friendly city
- When it comes to the best places to live in Joliet, you can choose from the following neighborhoods – Western Springs, La
- Grange, Hinsdale, Winfield, Elmhurst, and many others.
Want to move to Joliet? Check our database and find some of the best long distance moving companies Joliet. Whichever company you choose, you won’t regret your decision.
If you are searching for a positive career environment and a suitable place to raise your children, you may want to hire some of the best long distance movers Rockford and move to his prosperous city. Rockford is home to several public schools but also offers private education options. Besides, Rockford offers higher education opportunities as well. When it comes to the job market, some of the top job sectors are: manufacturing, healthcare, and social assistance, retail trade, accommodation and food service, educational services, and many others.
By the way, Rockford has proximity to Chicago, Milwaukee, and Maddison, so if you live in these cities, you don’t have to leave them completely. If you are moving from Milwaukee to Rockford for example, you can find some of the best long distance moving companies in Milwaukee to handle your move.
Springfield is one of the best places to live in Illinois
Our list of the best cities to raise a family in Illinois cannot go without its Capital – the city of Springfield. It is the second-largest Illinois city after Rockford. There are many pros to living in the capital city. Springfield has it all. It is a city with a suburban atmosphere, excellent commuting time, affordable homes, low cost of living, and rich and diverse culture. Public schools in Springfield are one of the top-rated, which makes the city perfect for moving with children. Here are some of the main reasons why you should raise a family in Springfield:
- Affordable homes: The average rent price of a 4-bedroom home or apartment in Springfield is around $2,000
- Low cost of living: lower than the U.S. average
- Access to quality healthcare
- Thriving job market: Employers such as Wells Fargo, AT&T, and Blue Cross are the most prominent ones.
- Proximity to Fayetteville, St. Louis, and Chicago: So if you are moving from Fayetteville, for example, check our database and find some of the best long distance movers Fayetteville and make your move simple and smooth.
Find some of the best long distance movers Illinois and move like a pro
Found the best places to raise a family in Illinois? Don’t know whom to hire to handle your move? Best long distance companies are just a click away from you. All you have to do is to fill in our moving info form with your moving requirements and we’ll get you matched with some of the best long distance movers Illinois has ever seen. And if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We’ll be glad to assist you.