File a Moving Fraud Complaint: How to do it?
One of the things that you need to do in order to ensure that your move is swift and easy is to hire a moving company that you can trust. Obviously, there are many moving companies out there. So, it is important to do your due diligence and choose the one that is going to provide you with the service that you seek. However, the fact is that anyone can make a mistake when choosing a moving company and have a bad experience with his or her chosen movers. What do you do then? You file a moving fraud complaint. How do you do this? This is what the Best Long Distance Movers are going to help you out with today. To make sure that you are ready for what could come your way, bear with us till the end.
When do you file a moving fraud complaint?
The first and the most important thing that we need to address right at the beginning is the question of in what situations you can file a moving fraud complaint. There are many people unsure of the process and of what the flow in this situation is like. So, plenty of them decides against pursuing justice.
The most important thing that you need to keep in the back of your mind is that you can file a moving complaint any time you feel like you should have received more or in the situation when you feel like you have been a victim of a fraud. Also, should you find yourself in a situation where your chosen Arizona movers are holding your belongings and asking for an additional fee, you should go ahead and file a complaint. Regardless of what the situation may be, no one is entitled to hijacking your belongings from you. Receiving them after your move is over is something that is a must. If anyone is preventing you from retrieving your belongings, then he or she is trying to scam you. And this is something you should not let happen.
Instead of sitting idly, get down to work and file the complaint you are thinking about.
Situations when you should file a complaint – a detailed overview
Obviously, it is entirely possible that some of our readers may find the previous explanations of the situations when you should file a moving complaint a bit vague. So, to bring this topic a bit closer to you, let us share some of the most common situations when people file their complaints:
- Some of your items suffered damage in transport
- Late pick up or delivery. Everyone should respect everyone’s time, us in the service industry in particular
- Lost belongings – you need to receive all of the items that you had before the Colorado movers came to pick them up. If you do not have them once the move is over, you know what to do
- Rogue movers – the already mentioned situation when the moving company holds your items and refuses to give return them to you
- Unexpected charges – every reliable moving company is going to provide you with a free moving estimate. Your charges must not exceed the quoted price by more than 10%
- Slow service – if you wanted it done slowly, you would have done it yourself, right? This happens most often when you are paying your movers by the hour. Do not take that, but file a complaint
- Any kind of moving scam – simply, whatever the situation you may be in that seems like a scam, go ahead and fight for yourself
Hopefully, now you know when you should go out there and fight for your money, time, and pride.
How to file a moving fraud complaint
And now, the time has come to take a look at what you need to do in order to file a moving fraud complaint after moving to Nebraska. Fear not, for it is simpler than it may sound. Here is what you need to do:
- Gather all of the details and write them down. You will want to have all of the basic information close to you when you start filing the complaint
- Check your contract to make sure that you have the basis to complain. Perhaps there is a small print addressing the situation that you are in? It is always better to check twice before you enter the process and spend your time
- Contact the moving provider that helped you move. This is the first instance when complaining. If they do not address your concerns, you can complain to different authorities
- File the complaint. If your chosen movers have simply shrugged their shoulders and did nothing about what you complained about contacting a different authority is something you should consider doing
Who else you can complain to
In the case that you are unhappy about the outcome of your complaint, you should take it a step further. You can complain to government authorities. There is a governing body on the federal level that regulates the trucking industry. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is probably the best institution that you should contact in a situation such as this one. Alternatively, you can also complain to the regulating body on the state level. It is all up to you to choose who you would like to hear about the problems you faced with your movers.
To file a moving fraud complaint is to fight for what you deserve
Many people feel too small when they have to fight large systems such as moving companies. However, as you have seen, this is far from true. There are different reasons why you should file a moving fraud complaint. Additionally, there are different ways to do it. So, go ahead and choose your best course of action.