Fun Things to Do with Kids in NJ
If you’ve recently moved to New Jersey and you’re scratching your head about fun things to do with kids in NJ, you’re in the right place! New Jersey has family-friendly spots that also offer a good time for kids and parents. And don’t worry about the move itself; as some of the most professional long distance movers, we’ve got that part covered so you can focus on the fun!
Explore science and technology at Liberty Science Center
So, you’ve unpacked the boxes, and the kids are restless. What better way to kick off your New Jersey adventures than a day at the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City? According to the New York Times, this place is a “cathedral of science” for a good reason. The center offers a wide range of exhibits that make learning fun and a good way for kids to unwind after moving with long distance movers Jersey City NJ has to offer. From simulating skyscraper construction to teaching kids about the human body, there’s something for everyone. Did you know that the Liberty Science Center houses the largest planetarium in the Western Hemisphere? Yep, a sky full of stars awaits you right here in NJ.
Experience fairytale magic at Storybook Land
Now, let’s talk magic, and not just any magic, but fairytale magic. Located in Egg Harbor Township, Storybook Land turns children’s classic stories into real-life experiences. Your little ones can ride in Cinderella’s pumpkin carriage or slide down Jack and Jill’s hill. According to parents, the park has attractions perfect for kids under ten. It’s like walking into a children’s book, only better because you get to be a part of the story!
Get hands-on at Diggerland USA
Now, let’s shift our focus to something every child dreams of – heavy machinery! Diggerland USA, in West Berlin, lets your kids do just that. Under safe supervision, they get to operate real diggers and dumpers. If your child has ever been fascinated by a construction site, this is the place to be. The park’s safety measures are top-notch; for example, the diggers are modified to ensure they are kid-friendly. And guess what? Long distance movers NJ often see kids wearing construction hats and talking about Diggerland, proving it’s a hit among the little ones.
Discover W-wildlife at Cape May County Park & Zoo
Let’s jump into a day of animal encounters at Cape May County Park & Zoo. Located in Cape May Court House, this zoo lets you see more than 550 animals across 85 acres. For parents on a budget, you’ll be happy to know that admission is completely free! According to Tripadvisor reviews, the lion exhibit and the giraffe feeding are top hits among families. While there, don’t miss the nature trails and playgrounds offering something beyond animal-watching.
Dive into a world of wet fun at DreamWorks Water Park
Located in Newark, DreamWorks Water Park is another spot for families looking to beat the heat. This city is also home to many long distance moving companies Newark offers, that we can connect you with. So, while the professionals care for your move, you can have water fun with the kids. According to USA Today, this park features over 40 water slides and 15 attractions. From Shrek’s Sinkhole Slammer to Kung Fu Panda’s Temple of Awesomeness, there’s plenty of splashy fun for everyone.
Dive into marine life at Adventure Aquarium
Continuing our animal adventure, Adventure Aquarium in Camden offers a deep dive into aquatic life. The “Touch-a-shark” exhibit is a crowd-pleaser. For those curious about statistics, a 2019 report showed that the shark exhibit increased the number of visitors by 15%. Besides sharks, you also get to see hippos and a wide range of fish and other sea creatures.
Tips for making the most of your outings
To ensure a successful and enjoyable day out with the kids in New Jersey, consider these tips:
- Check the weather: New Jersey’s climate can be quite variable. Always look up the forecast for the day to know what to expect, especially if you’re heading to outdoor places like the Cape May County Park & Zoo.
- Pack snacks and drinks: Some locations may not have food stalls or may have expensive options. Bring easy-to-eat snacks like granola bars, fruit, and reusable water bottles to keep everyone hydrated.
- Bring a camera: You’ll want to capture the smiles and excitement. Consider bringing a digital one if your phone doesn’t have a good camera.
- Consider traffic: Traffic can get busy if you’re headed somewhere popular, like the Liberty Science Center. Using a GPS app that provides real-time traffic updates can save you time.
- Parking matters: Places like the Adventure Aquarium can get crowded, leading to parking issues. Arrive early or consider public transportation options to avoid the hassle.
- Sun protection: If your plans include outdoor activities, bring hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen, especially during the hot New Jersey summers.
- Stroller or carrier: For younger kids, a stroller can be a lifesaver during long walks in places like Storybook Land. Some locations even offer stroller rentals.
- Interactive tools: If you’re visiting educational places like museums, some offer apps or pamphlets that make the experience more engaging for kids. Download these ahead of time.
- Know the schedule: Many places have scheduled events or shows. For example, Diggerland USA may have specific times for machine operation. Check the schedule so you don’t miss out.
- Restroom breaks: Knowing where the restrooms are can be crucial, especially with younger kids. Apps like “SitOrSquat” can help you find the nearest clean restroom.
- Advance bookings: Some attractions may require or offer booking options. Buying tickets online can also sometimes save you money and certainly save time waiting in line.
Which fun things to do with kids in NJ will you choose?
As you can see, there are plenty of fun things to do with kids in NJ. A new home in New Jersey means a fresh start filled with exciting places to explore for kids. So, go ahead and make some wonderful memories with your family. And if you ever need help with another move, we’re always here to assist you!