Moving To Miami? 2022 Living Costs And Relocation Tips
Are you moving to Miami soon? Great – Best Long Distance Movers are here to help you out! We know you have many, many questions, so we’re here to give you some insights on living costs and relocation tips in general. If you’re wondering if this information is fresh, we tell you this text is the 2022 edition. Let’s start with the burning details!
What are the things you need to know when moving to Miami?
When you are moving to Miami, you might be wondering what are the best Miami long distance movers. Or – you need to know where to eat and how much it costs to pay the rent. In any case, we will give you some facts and some numbers and you can see what is useful to you. People have different needs, so, for instance, it’s not the same when you move on your own and when you move with a family. Let’s start with some facts.
A few facts about Miami
Can’t wait to move? The city of Miami is the second-largest city in the American state of Florida. However, this city is not just palm trees, cocktails, entertainment and beautiful people. This city was named after the tribe of Miami Indians, who inhabited the area several hundred years ago. As a city, Miami has existed since 1986, today it has about 400 thousand inhabitants, but it is always full of tourists, of which there are about two to three million at any given time.
People move here from all over the world, so the best long distance movers Florida have a lot of work. The largest part of immigration, according to the latest data, is made up of immigrants from Latin America, who make up 75% of the population. Given this, day and nightlife have taken over one part of Latin American culture, where nightlife is exciting precisely because of the strong Latin American influence and their traditional music and dances. During the day, the two most famous beaches of this city are available to you: Miami Beach and South Beach.
Here are some numbers:
- The income per capita is 56,344.50 USD
- The unemployment rate is 4% USD
- Population is 454,279
- Annual population growth in % is 0.01
- Total population growth is 2,326,362
- The area in Km2 is 143.1
- The number of migrants is around 900,000
- The minimum wage in Miami, Florida is 1,098 USD
- The average salary in Miami, Florida is 2,192.95 USD
- The average salary of Miami Accountants is 3,776.27 USD
- The salary of a Miami architect is 4,498.06 USD
- The average salary Babysitter in Miami, Florida is 1,472.06 USD
- The salary of a Miami waiter is 2,193.85 USD
- The salary of a Miami dentist is 10,995.95 USD
How does life cost in Miami, Florida?
Before you choose the right moving company for your relocation, it would be a great idea to check moving quotes and what is there to know. With this, you might need to know how much life will cost you once you move here. Here are some averages that may interest you:
- 1 month of water, gas, electricity for an apartment of 80 m2 is 108.41 USD
- A Cinema ticket is around 11.12 USD
- Monthly gym membership is around 35.57 USD
- One way ticket for public transport is 1.93 USD
- The standard starting price of a taxi is 2.52 USD
- The monthly ticket for public transport is 96.27 USD
- One hour taxi ride is 23.1 USD
- 1 Km of a standard taxi is 1.65 USD
- 1 liter of gasoline is around 0.62 € USD
How much does it cost to rent or buy a home in Miami, Florida?
- The monthly rent of a one-bedroom apartment in the center is around 1,552.67 USD
- The monthly rent of a one-bedroom apartment in the suburbs is 1,137.23 USD
- The monthly rent of a three-room apartment in the center is 2,807.07 USD
- The monthly rent of a three-room apartment in the suburbs is 1,833.70 USD
- The price per square meter of apartments in the center is 3,460.52 USD
- The price per square meter of apartments in the suburbs is 1,895.79 USD
Things to keep in mind before you move
The first step of preparation will probably be packaging. Of course, everything should not be packed long before moving, but we should also not leave everything for the day of moving. You can start packing with things that you don’t use so often and you can do without them until you move into a new space.
The second step can be preparing – boxes for packing, paperwork, etc. In addition to cleaning due to moving, you need to deal with a lot of paperwork, such as checking out the info apartment, changing the residence, changing the cable and internet, and other documentation. Our advice is to start with that on time and arm yourself with patience.
Other relocation tips
Apart from preparing the things and furniture, you are moving to, it is also important to prepare the new space you are moving into. As for the move itself, it is not mandatory, but it will make your life easier. Of course, when you are moving further away, it’s not always possible. So, keep in mind that you may need to hire someone to help you with your upcoming move. Whether you are moving to a new apartment, house or company, you know that place needs to be clean before entering the new space.
Another thing when it comes to a new space is to figure out where the furniture will be once you move in. It is best to make a plan in time so that the workers can install the furniture in its place. We wish you good luck when moving to Miami!